Sort and Classify
Description and Goals:
- Sort and classify objects by position, shape, size, color, number of corners, etc.
- Compare sets of objects and use the terms equal, more than, or less than correctly
Ideas to Add to the Sort and Classify Tub:
- Sort colored toothpicks, various sizes and types of beads, mini shape erasers, plastic food from the housekeeping corner, lids/ caps, keys, etc.
- Sort objects according to whether or not they attract to a magnet
- Sort objects by whether they float or sink in water
- Sort real life items into big, medium, and small boxes
- Sort items by texture
- Sort plastic animals by color, number of legs, wings/no wings, size, etc.