We begin show and tell when we start the 'Letter of the Week' program.
Children are assigned a specific day of the week to bring their show and tell. Their day will remain the same for the entire year. Each child's show and tell object should be something that starts with the letter that corresponds to the week. The child orally gives the class three clues about what they have hidden in their backpack and we try to guess what it is. All children are expected to participate.
- oral language skills (stating clues in a complete sentence, asking questions)
- social skills (listening attentively, raising hands to speak, waiting to be called upon)
- problem solving
- associating beginning letters and sounds to real objects
Reminders for Parents:
- There is no show and tell on weeks that we do not meet a new letter person.
- If your child is absent, there is no school , or there is a scheduled field trip on your child's scheduled show and tell day, they will not have show and tell that week.
- Please assist your child to find an object that is meaningful to them that begins with the letter of the week. and to practice orally stating their clues.
- Children often like to share their favorite toys. This is fine, but please remember to keep toy guns and interactive games/TV toys at home. These types of toys can disrupt our class learning environment.
Thank you for your cooperation.