Ice Cream For One
For each child, you will need...
1 small Ziplock freezer bag
1 large Ziplock freezer bag
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups ice cubes
1/2 cup salt
1 long handled spoon (parfait spoon)
In the small bag, combine the milk, sugar, and vanilla. Securely seal the bag. In the large bag, combine the ice and salt. Put the small bag inside the large bag; then seal the large
bag. Shake the bag until the mixture thickens (approximately five minutes). When it is ice cream, take the smaller bag from the large bag. Wipe it off. Then, get a long handled spoon and enjoy!
oranges (peeled and pulled apart into sections)
- Count 1 apple slice.
- Count 2 marshmallows.
- Count 3 pineapple chunks.
- Count 4 orange sections.
- Push onto the skewer.
- Count the number of pieces in all --Then eat!
Strawberry or raspberry cream cheese
mini chocolate chips
- Pick a number between 4 and 8.
- Take 1 cracker. Spread cream cheese on your cracker.
- Use a toothpick to make a line down the middle.
- Use mini chocolate chips to make a number combination that equals your number. Place the number combination on the wings of your ladybug.
- Add 6 short pretzel legs.
(From Incredible Edible Bible Fun: Making God's Word Memorable
With Easy Recipes Children Can Do by Nanette Goings. Group Publishing: 1997.)
1/4 cup Chex or Crispix cereal
1 teaspoon caramel syrup
2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Place the cereal into a ziplock bag.
- Add the caramel syrup.
- Seal the bag and shake it until the caramel coats the cereal.
- Open the bag and add the powdered sugar.
- Reseal the bag and shake it until all the cereal is coated with the powdered sugar.