Our family officially began homeschooling when our oldest started kindergarten in 2007. After experiencing three years of fun learning activities together in our home with my oldest one and loving the time with her and her younger siblings, choosing to remain at home and continuing learning through homeschooling was a natural extension. Granted, there are challenges, fears, and insecurities along the way, but homeschooling has been so rewarding. I do not regret a moment of time that I have been able to invest in the lives of the children the Lord has given me.
Are you thinking of homeschooling for your family?
Below are links to some of the thoughts I've shared over at Joy to the Heart in regards to homeschooling as well as a couple of related printables. May you be encouraged on your own journey...
Curriculum Choices & Progress
Curriculum Planning Resources
Our Curriculum Choices Through the Years:
- 2018-2019 (11th, 9th, 7th, 5th, 3rd)
- 2017-2018 (10th, 8th, 6th, 4th, 2nd)
- 2016-2017 (9th, 7th, 5th, 3rd, 1st)
- 2015-2016 (8th, 6th, 4th, 2nd, K)
- 2014-2015 (7th, 5th, 3rd, 1st, PreK)
- 2013-2014 (6th, 4th, 2nd, K, preschool)
- 2012-2013 (5th, 3rd, 1st, PreK, 2 year old)
- 2011-2012 (4th, 2nd, K, 3’s preschool, toddler)
- 2010-2011 (3rd, 1st, PreK, 2 year old, 4 mo old baby)
- 2009-2010 (2nd, K, 3’s preschool, toddler, baby arrived end of year)
- 2008-2009 (1st, PreK, 2 year old, 6 mo old baby)
- 2007-2008 (K, 3’s preschool, toddler, baby arrived mid year)
- 2006-2007 (PreK, 2 year old, 7 mo old baby)
– Joyful Heart Character
- 2005-2006 (3’s preschool, toddler, baby arrived mid year)
– Joyful Heart Bible and Rhyme
- 2004-2005 (2 year old, 6 mo old baby)
– Joyful Heart Learning
Homeschool Spaces and Organization
Making Memorable 1st Days
Build excitement and make the first day of each homeschool year something to look forward to!
A few ideas...
- Baking - Great British Bake-Off style (2017)
- Olympics (2016)
- Americana (2015)
- Ocean Creatures Theme (2014)
- Flying Creatures (2013)
- Love Theme (2012)
- Patriotic (2009)
Some first day printables...
- Growing in Grace - Let your children fill in their favorite things, plans for the future, etc. Save and compare from year to year!
- Apples of Gratitude: An Apple a Day for the Start of School - a way to focus on an attitude of gratitude from the very start of the school year! (Contains Scripture Reference Apples that can be used for sword drills and discussion, for references that children look up to copy neatly, or as a reminder for memorization practice, Display Apples for students to either draw or write what they are thankful for, and Notebook Sheets)
Keeping It Real - Balancing Fears with Trusting in Christ
Day In The Life
Meals & More
Printable Main Dish List– to list your family’s favorite dinner meals
Printable Menu Plan– a sheet to plan your dinners and grocery list
Printable Freezer Meals – a sheet to keep track of what’s in your freezer
Meal Planning for Busy Moms - a blog post with tips for making meal planning manageable