Check out the new items inside of Hubbard's Cupboard!
Thank you for all of your comments, suggestions, and encouragement to this busy mom of five... May you be blessed each day as you work with the children God has placed in your lives, whether at home or in your classrooms.
- Scripture Connections for Easter
Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
Scripture Cut-Apart Easter Eggs
- His Great Name - Jesus (Volume 2) is ready just in time for Christmas!
(For sale over at our Joyful Heart Learning Shop on Teacher's Notebook)
- Jesus, the Light of the World Jar Craft and Printables
- Anatomy of a Leaf Booklet
- Two NEW printable notebooks!
-Classical Music Notebook
-Inventors and Inventions Notebook
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Printable
- Scripture Bookmarks (printables for moms)
- 2 Free Nursery Rhyme Printables!
- Nursery Rhyme Charts (over 40 charts!)
- Letter and Rhyme Letter Sheets A-Z
- Free Homeschool Planning Help - Curriculum Mapping
- Free Printable - Preparing for Kindergarten
- My Nature Notebook: From Seed to Plant
(a free learning notebook to correspond with your study of botany)
- My Germination Booklet - Plant a seed and use this booklet to track observations on the growth!
- 100 Days of American History- recommended books and a free coordinating notebook
- Christmas Caroling Booklet - 6 simple songs to sing to spread Christmas joy
- Various Printables (on the It Started as An Egg Story Lesson Page -under Cross Curricular Connections)
- ABC Sound Eggs
- CVC and Silent e Word Eggs
- Feather Addition
- Cut and Paste Chicken Lifecycle
-a new Valentine Addition sheet in PreK Joyful Heart Character
- For Thanksgiving - Printable Place Cards and Scripture Circles
- New Human Anatomy resources on the Science Page!
-My Body Notebook: God's Amazing Design
-My Body Systems Booklet
- Added a new Bible Reading page - includes simple ways to encourage children to be in God's Word
- History Notebooking Pages - Print and use with any American History curriculum!
- Psalm 19 - an easy devotional designed for older students or moms to focus on how God shows Himself through His creation and His Word
- Exodus 20 - memorizing and meditating on the Ten Commandments
- New Bible Truths page! Foundational Truths and activities from 5 Biblical Accounts : Creation, Adam & Eve and the First Sin, Noah, Jesus' Birth, Jesus' Death and Resurrection (Ideas for ages 2 1/2 - Kindergarten, printables, and Scripture booklets in black and white and color!)
- New Christmas Scripture Booklets and Christmas Story Sequencing!
- Countdown to Christmas Math Puzzles: Seasonal Jokes AND Countdown to Christmas Math Puzzles: Names of Jesus (For sale over at our Joyful Heart Learning Shop on Teacher's Notebook)
- New Logo, Creative Web Design, Fresh Layout, Revamped Menus, and a few additional pages! Come explore the changes!
- New Printable Booklet for Presidents' Day!
- Created Character Trait Coins (to correspond with the Joyful Heart Character curriculum and charts)
- Added a Spanish translation for The Christmas Story (Luke 2) Printable Booklets!
- Christmas Color By Number Sheets
- Added The Christmas Story (Luke 2) Printable Booklets to the Christmas Page as well as in the Celebrating CHRISTmas eBook
- My ABC's of Thanksgiving - purchasable eBook
- Philippians 1 Copywork Sheets - in both manuscript and cursive
- Steps to the Cross: Celebrating Easter and Christ's Sacrifice - an eBook available for purchase that contains suggested Scripture readings, crafts, copywork, etc. for the 13 days leading up to Easter
- Updated the 100th Day of School Page with additional printables! (100th Day Questions, 100th Day Writing, Ways to Make 100 Cents Purse, Ways to Make 100 Cents Piggy Bank, etc.)
- Ten Commandments Copywork - now available in cursive and an alternative print version
- Printable Homeschool Report Cards
- Updated Assessment Sheets for Kindergarten
- added our family's Weekly Meal Planning Sheet and Freezer Meal Check Sheet
- New Joyful Heart Tune Charts for Acts 2:47b, Jeremiah 29:11a, John 15:15b, John 15:17, Mark 16:15b, and Psalm 69:5b as well as several new Bible Verse Charts! (all FREE on the Bible Memorization page)
- Updated Joyful Heart Bible and Rhyme pages - new numbering of lessons so that review weeks can fit in as needed, rearranged weeks for Elijah, Jonah, and Daniel, new scope and sequence sheets, added options for devotional readings, and updated outside links.
- Now, you may choose to purchase an updated/easier to print version of Joyful Heart Bible and Rhyme as well!
- 20 Days of Thanks booklets (unlined, single lined, regular lines, and tighter lines available)
- Psalm 2:8 copywork, tune chart, and verse cut apart
- New Word Family Resources added!
- Bible verse printables for Jeremiah 29:13 on the Bible Memorization page.
- Updated the Printable Booklets page with information on how to read the booklets on your iPad, iPod, etc.
(See related blog post for photos.)
- AddedMP3 audio files and Quicktime movies to accompany a few of the Word Family booklets. (Thanks to Waleska Batista at Everyone Learns!)
- Bible verse printables for Proverbs 10:17 on the Bible Memorization page.
- Bible verse printables for Psalm 100 on the Bible Memorization page.
- Verse printables for The Ten Commandments on the Bible Memorization page.
- Verse printables for Psalm 96:1-3 on the Bible Memorization page.
- Hubbard's Cupboard is now posting updates on Facebook as well. Like us on Facebook!
- Thanks to the efforts of my wonderful sister in law, we now have copywork pages, memory verse charts, cut apart verse strips, and fill in the blank review sheets for Romans 8:28-30 and for several verses in James available in ESV on the Bible Memorization page.
- Thanks to the suggestion of K teacher and website visitor Kari Sickman, the word family booklets are now available as single sheets. It is the same text - just all contained on one sheet!
- Additional verse printables for Psalm 46:10 and Psalm 22:27-28 on the Bible Memorization page.
- Bible Memorization - We now have black and white coloring sheets to correspond with all of the Joyful Heart Tune Charts and Bible Verse Charts!
- Bible Memorization page updated to include additional tune charts, verse charts, verse cut aparts, and copywork! Suggested uses for the Bible verse materials are available as well.
- Joyful Heart Character Curriculum - All of the printable Bible Memory Verse Tune charts are now available to correspond with each week's lessons
- QuickTime videos and mp3s are now online for most of the Printable Sight Word Booklets. A few are also available in Spanish. A big thank you to Waleska Batista at Everyone Learns for making these available!
- A few ideas and printables for making the 100th Day of School a special day
- The Printable Booklets page has grown to be too large, so....the Sight Word booklets now have several of their own pages! You should find it easier to navigate among the booklets. Also, most of the booklets have (or will soon have) German and French translations, in addition to the already online Spanish versions. Thank you to Lise Perreault and Tanja Bonaddio for volunteering their time and expertise to make these translations available! There are also new Spanish big book versions, cut apart words and sentences for all of the booklets, and corresponding sight word stamping sheets.
*Coming in the near future, there will also be digital and audio formats of the booklets available, due to the efforts of Waleska Batista and the Spanish teachers at Cherry Tree Public Schools!!
- Added "Grab My Button" to the main page. Feel free to use the code to link to Hubbard's Cupboard from your website or blog.
- Jana Crizon submitted this Letter Song Craft Book idea to use with the Bible and Rhyme for 3's curriculum. Thanks for sharing, Jana!
- Let's Remember! (Per request: an end of the year, fill in the blank, memory book)
- ABC Bible and Rhyme Chart (Per request: an ABC chart that corresponds with the Joyful Heart Bible and Rhyme picture review sheets and flashcards)
- Mail , Maps, and Where I Live - a geography unit for PreK-2nd graders! This is part of the new Social Studies page.
- Copywork- ABC Bible verses as well as the Ten Commandments to practice handwriting
- Joyful Heart Character Curriculum - Updated and Revised!
-New Scope and Sequence Sheets
-Weekly Lesson Plan Sheets (much requested)
-Printable descriptions of choices
-Updated Sight Word Flash Cards
-Cut Aparts - updated and separated
-New Sight Word Booklets
-Quick Reference Book List of suggested read aloud titles
-Some photos of the suggested crafts
- Joyful Heart Curriculum Alignment - a 12 page, month by month scope and sequence that compares all three curricula!
- Scope and Sequence for Bible and Rhyme
This is 3 pages to show the full 38 week sequence for phonics, Bible reading, memory verses, nursery rhymes, math, and science concepts at a glance.
- You might notice the slight revisions to the 2's and 3's Joyful Heart curricula. For the 2's Joyful Learning, the lessons for the months of March and April have been switched. For the 3's Bible and Rhyme, weeks 7, 8, and 9 have been altered so that the 'Fall' review week is now on week 9.
*These are minor changes that are being made in anticipation of a larger revision to the 4's curriculum (coming, hopefully, by summer) and an attempt to align the three levels of curriculum for easier implementation. If you have any feedback or recommendations for enhancements to the 4's curriculum, this month would be an opportune time to share those =)
- Big Book Teacher Versions for each of the Word Family Booklets!
- A New Sight Word Booklet - My Look Book (look) - contributed by Sara Turnquist. Thanks Sara!
- Updated the Christmas page with more photos and crafts =)
- Added an edible Marshmallow Ant to the recipes section.
- Updated the About page -welcoming our new little one!
- Corresponding Big Book Teacher Versions and Pocket Chart clipart to use with each of the Sight Word Booklets - graciously contributed by Martha Shehan, a K teacher in Colorado. Thank you, Martha!
- The Very Busy Spider - Read/Write/Sing Lesson Ideas
- Added ideas for tissue and glitter glue angels, patterned star ornaments, cinnamon and applesauce ornaments, tissue paper ornaments, and Christmas Gospel Cookies (Jar Gift) to the Christmas page.
- Joyful Heart Character Trait Charts completed for use with the 4's preschool curriculum
- Christmas - Ideas to Celebrate the Birth of Christ
- 5 more French printable booklets .
- 5 new French printable booklets . Thanks Kathy!
- Detailed plans, printables, and photos from 2nd Semester 3's School! (Click on the links under 'More Details' to view each week.)
- Added some free printables for the Dr. Seuss Family Night! A special thanks to Tessa Scherpele for sharing!
- Updated the About page in order to welcome the newest member to our Hubbard family =)
- Photos from 1st Semester 3's School! (Click on the links under 'More Details' to view each week.)
- Detailed Plans and Printables for the 1st semester of the 3's Bible and Rhyme Curriculum!
- New Recipes Added! (Banana Boats, Feelings Faces, Esau's Fuzzy Fruit Arms, Firefighter Ladder, Lion Chow, Edible Manger, Bread Nativity, and Raven Cookies - YUM!)
- Updated the Bible and Rhyme Activities page for 3 year olds including Letter and Sound Flashcards, Letter Songs, updated Picture Review Sheets, and the rest of the Bible Memory Charts for the 3's curriculum
- New Joyful Heart Tune Charts -Proverbs 30:5, Proverbs 3:9a, 2 Peter 3:18a, Proverbs 3:27, Psalm 23:1a, Ephesians 4:32, 1 Corinthians 15:33, Colossians 3:23, Romans 5:8b
- New Joyful Heart Tune Chart - Luke 1:37
- New Joyful Heart Tune Charts - Ephesians 4:2b, Psalm 56:3. Proverbs 18:10, Proverbs 15:1, and Hebrews 3:13b
- A new Joyful Heart Tune Chart - Luke 6:31
- New Joyful Heart Tune Charts - 1 Thessalonians 5:17, Psalm 119:11, and 1 John 4:19
- Six new Spanish Booklets! (All of the Sight Word Booklets have now been translated. Thank you, Marina!)
- Another Joyful Heart Tune Chart - Philippians 2:14 !
- You may notice that our navigation buttons have been simplified. We are experimenting this month with a simpler look that will hopefully reduce our bandwidth usage.
- Another Joyful Heart Tune Chart - Genesis 1:1 !
- Seven new Spanish booklets!
- A new page for Christian Educators!
Joyful Heart Tunes - Bible Memorization through song.
- Six new Spanish booklets!
- The last 8 Printable Word Family Booklets are now online! (Focus: en, et, ug, ub)
- Another Spanish booklet!
- Fourteen new Printable Word Family Booklets!
(Focus: -an, -in, -it, -ip, ig, op, ot)
- More Spanish booklets!
- An ESL teacher, translator, and frequent visitor to Hubbard's Cupboard, Marina Insausti, has graciously agreed to help translate some of the printable booklets into Spanish! Translated books will be available on line as time allows. Here are the links to the first three-
En la escuela, Yo veo, Puedo moverme.
Thank you, Marina!
- Two new Printable Word Family Booklets (Focus: -at)
- Printable Quick Reference Shared Reading Book List This PDF contains author, publisher, and ISBN information for all of the focus story books and the coordinating companion stories featured in the Read/Write/Sing section of the website!
- Rhyme Time 'How To' Sheet - A PDF containing more details for making each station used in the Kindergarten Rhyme Time family night!
- Printable Booklets - emergent readers that correspond with Shared Reading Lessons inside Hubbard's Cupboard as well as Sight Word Booklets (Focus: we, will, I, see, can, like, and, this, is, a, the, go, in, me, not, at, to, my, on, am, it, for, was, do, said, he, she, you, with)
- Edible Christmas Trees!
- Name Activities - ideas that build upon one another to assist students in learning to recognize, arrange, form, and print their names (compiled and ready to print!)
- I See Shapes Read/Write/Sing Ideas
- Added a search link at the bottom of every page so that visitors can easily search the contents of Hubbard's Cupboard
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear Read/Write/Sing Ideas
- Resources for Parents of Infants and Toddlers
- Printables for the 'Kindergarten Rhyme Time' Family Night
- Guided Reading - resources for implementing in Kindergarten
- Dr. Seuss On the Loose - Ideas for another Family Night (& later removed at request of Seuss Enterprises)
- Revamped the Kindergarten page - You may find content you didn't know was there!
- The Pledge of Allegiance Read/Write/Sing Ideas
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Read/Write/Sing Ideas
- Do You Want To Be My Friend? Read/Write/Sing Ideas
- Classroom Pictures
- Kindergarten Quackers- our new class site!
- I Like Bugs! Read/Write/Sing Lesson Ideas
- Printable sheets for the Stamp a Story ABC Center
- Number Journals-hands on activities with recording sheets for each numeral
- Read/Write/Sing Story Lesson Ideas
The Gingerbread Man
The Three Bears
- Added AM session to the EDK Schedule
- Detailed teacher directions for preparing/ assembling the Fun Fonts ABC Center
- An update to the Family Night Page! - photos and directions for Family Night Activities related to 'If You Give a Mouse a Cookie'
Hubbard's Cupboard came on-line in July 2000!